Statistics reveal that in every 14 seconds, a burglar cracks inside a home, and even though a home may have occupants, there is still a 60 percent chance of burglaries happening. This statistics only show that a burglary can happen any moment, anywhere, and anyone, maybe even to you.
For this reason, a burglar alarm system in your home can help in securing the safety of your family and your properties. This helps in discouraging the intruders and deters break-ins.
When monitoring alarm system detected illegal entry it will immediately send a warning sign to the central monitoring location. These monitoring centers are nationwide and give off continuous service. And the moment they receive the alarm they will immediately alert the local police to send the authorities to your home.
The features of a burglar alarm comprises the devices that perceives motions, remarks the changes in room temperature, and alerts the disturbance caused by the passers-by and neighbors, this may also include the following:
• Control panel: the power source of the home burglar alarm located in the garage or at the rear of a cabinet.
• Security keypad: situated at a home‘s entrance, you can arm or disarm the system and you can put a pass-code for security.
• Motion detectors: This is set up in the indoor walls, windows, air-ducts, and doors. This can detect the intruder that’s breaking-in.
• Contacts: This is a magnetic gadget situated on the window outline and door jams and this triggers an intruder when opened.
• Glass-break-sensors: this triggers the system when shock waves created by the breaking glass are detected and is transformed to electrical signals.
• Backup system: Here, the alarm works when the power and telephone lines are always running.
• Two-way monitoring: Through this the authorities may able to speak with the home‘s occupant through a security keypad.
• Fire protection: This determines for possible fire occurrence through the level of smoke and heat detected inside the room. The fire units also have the alarm so they can immediately respond just before the fire spreads.
Setting the home burglar alarms can be very helpful in protecting your family primarily, then your possessions. However, according to Burglary Prevention council Executive director, Michael Bruening, most people decided to install a home security after they encounter a burglary.
The common reason is the expensive costs of these alarms. However, he added that there are still several options to discourage an intruder from entering your home which will not require great sums of money. These are the systematic approach in securing your home, like being keen for the potential intruders, adding some lighting in your courtyard, installation of padlocks and so on.
Though, of course, it will be more credible to install a burglar alarm in your home. If burglars roam around your village and discover that in five houses three have burglar alarms, and the other two don’t have them, where do you think they will go?
Remember this, even the burglar alarm warning sign is a frequent deterrence to compel the burglar to the next house.
So, it is preferable to install a burglar alarm especially if you are living in an isolated place, or in the areas where there are frequent crimes.
Securing burglar home alarms are for practicality, there is no other security that can be as effective as the burglar alarm in your doors and windows.